Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Why is paint so hard?

So Bob and I have had our paint picked out for quite a while now.  It's from Behr and the color is Tostada.  On the chip we picked out it looks like a very soft desert hue resembling a sand color.
The master bedroom and a guest bedroom got one coat yesterday and I hate it!  It looks far too orangey-yellow on the wall but that would line up with the name.  The chip just doesnt look like that at all.  I even took the chip down there to compare it and it matches but something just isnt right about it and I dont think I can live with it...paint it now or paint it later, it might as well happen now.  
This is what it currently looks like.  
This is what I was going for.  You be the judge.  
So before they got any further I called Corry the paint guy and told him that although the Chip matched perfectly with what was on the wall, the whole thing together was far too orangey-yellow.  Could we possibly add some white to the mixture and tone it down.  He said unfortunately with paint, it doesnt work that way....I would end up with the same orangey- yellow paint.  This just does not make any sense to me but I'm not a paint expert.  I only mix gel colors for cookie decorating and you get change if you mix white with any color...so why not paint.  I have since heard from other people who tell me the same thing.  It's a shame cause it would be a cheap fix.
So Corry came out and agreed that the color was not as he expected either but we still have to buy new paint.  Corry had a whole palette for us to choose from and we chose something called Whole Wheat.
I think we chose well.  It's a tiny bit darker in person but I love it.  Exactly what I was going for with the first color.  Color me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment