Monday, January 31, 2022

Agh and awe!

Well the wall texture is still not right and Bob talked to GC who said he'd get texture guy to come out and look.  That was Thursday of last week and so far he hasn't been out here.  GC said they were charged $1000 extra for the thicker texture but I gotta tell you I think he got ripped off.  Just my opinion but for $1000 I expected more.  And what I've come to learn is that this extra thickness was watered down...a little too much so in places there are drips.  This just won't do.  Bob and I got a small bucket of mastic and practiced on the walls of the master closet to see what we could come up with and maybe do a better job.  Seems like one person is always better at something and as it turned out...I was better at achieving the look we want.  So I did Master Bathroom, Master Bedroom, closet was practice, and I did one of the guest bedrooms.  I think if we push our point they can come back and do the great room and rest of the remaining rooms to make it right.  So we will see.
Took this picture yesterday and you can see the ceiling has dropped just a bit.  Easily fixed by a couple of nails but it needs to be done. 
Moving on....
Search for a cabinet maker continues.  I spoke with a guy on Friday and hes supposed to give me an estimate...and my niece threw in a couple of names and Bob heard about someone so we threw that in for good measure.  Hopefully one of them can help.
Andras Gaspar is the name of the stone Mason and hes just a gem of a guy.  Outstanding work ethic and has a great eye for attention to detail.  
The outside of the house is finished and looks fantastic.  As the tin continues to rust the patina will only get more beautiful.  
Since the outside is finished Andras has moved inside to begin work on the shower in the master.
Very excited to get naked and take a shower in this....maybe TMI?

No comments:

Post a Comment